HomeAboutFashionLifeTutorialsReviewsContact

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Life. Happenings and Oh Lordy 5 weeks until London.

It feels like yesterday that I decided to move to the other side of the world. It felt like such a straight forward thing way back in ?? when I decided to go. People kept telling me (and still do really) how brave I was to go, and to go it alone. To be honest though, it doesn't feel brave, it just feels right. As if I am meant to do it. Since I made the big decision, everything that I have needed to happen has happened and although I am starting to get a little breathless when I think about actually leaving, I am not terrified or nervous. I am grateful, excited, overwhelmed, impatient, joyous and in a state of disbelief that it is actually happening. But it feels right. 

I am good at making big life decisions, but hopeless at waiting for them to happen! I have been in this strange limbo for a couple of weeks, where it's almost like half of me has already gone and I'm out there somewhere waiting for myself to catch up. I have loads to do between now and leaving, but if I do it all now, I'll just end up going mad waiting to get on the plane. So, I am putting off things like packing up the rest of my room and renewing my license. I have been doing my best to keep busy, but teaching work has been light on the ground this month, and there are only so many things you can do in my town!

I had an amazing weekend not long ago with all my family and some close friends. It was an early farewell party at my Aunts house. It was such a fun and relaxed night, but the next day and having to say goodbye to some family I probably wouldn't see again before I left was hard. I guess I hadn't thought about how difficult saying goodbye to people might be and how sad I felt really shocked me. I'd have it together for a minute and then just the thought of saying goodbye to my mum and sister sent me over the edge again. The airport is going to be tough but also so exciting as well; lots of emotions to process. My sister has basically decided that I can't leave, or that if I do I am to come back pretty quickly.

I planned on doing a photo tour of all my favourite spots near where I live today, but it has come over all overcast and cold. I might head to my favourite hangout and chill with spicy chai and a book instead.

33 days....

xx Samantha Alice

twitter

Facebook Image Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Comments make me happy so don't be shy. And since I try to reply to all my comments, remember to click 'subscribe by email' to get updates on my replies!

twitter Facebook bloglovin Image Map

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...