HomeAboutFashionLifeTutorialsReviewsContact

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Life// Post Holidays Cleanse

Did you indulge a little over the holidays? I sure did. I usually don't eat any sugar and I crammed quite a bit of chocolate into three days over Christmas. All that excess has left me feeling a little sluggish and wanting a bit of a cleanse. In comes my go to, super healthy, chicken and vegetable soup. You'll love it, I promise. Vegetable Soup

You will need:

  • 1 onion
  • 3 largish cloves of garlic
  • 3 cans of tomatoes
  • 2 carrots
  • 1 floret of broccoli
  • Quarter of a largish pumpkin
  • Basil leaves (dried or fresh)
  • Chilli flakes to suit your taste
  • Tumeric powder
  • Salt
  • Water
  • Poached or steamed chicken breast 
Dice onions and garlic; saute in a large pot with chilli flakes and basil. Cut veggies up into large chunks and add to pot; stir until coated in onion/garlic/chilli/basil mixture. Add canned tomatoes plus 4 cans of water. Stir in a tablespoon of turmeric powder and a teaspoon or so of salt; you can add pepper also but I find you don't need it with the chilli. 

This will need to simmer on a low heat for around about an hour and a half. If it looks too thick, add more water. Once all veggies are soft and mush able you can take a wiz stick or a blender and puree the soup. 

Serve with diced chicken breast for that hit of lean protein, and if you are in the mood, a slice of thick crusty sourdough bread. 

This soup is a great kick start for a sluggish body; the chilli is good for your metabolism and turmeric is excellent for inflammation and heart and brain health. I make enormous batches and freeze it so I always have some on hand for those days I just can't be bothered cooking, which is like, everyday. Also, you can add any other veggies you like if these don't suit.

Adieu to you and you and you x

Photobucket Facebook Twitter

2 comments:

  1. I just agreed to a Detox with my friends, so this soup is perfect for me. Thank you for sharing. I know what you mean...I do feel sluggish after New Year. Out with the old and in with the new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious. My dad and I are actually making a really good chicken noodle soup right now! And by 'I', I mean I'm tasting while he's baking. If I can pry the recipe from him, I'll send you an email. This soup looks amazing and I think you'd really like ours!

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Comments make me happy so don't be shy. And since I try to reply to all my comments, remember to click 'subscribe by email' to get updates on my replies!

twitter Facebook bloglovin Image Map

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...