HomeAboutFashionLifeTutorialsReviewsContact

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Life. The Insta Eight

The Insta Eight The Insta Eight
The Insta Eight The Insta Eight The Insta Eight The Insta Eight The Insta Eight The Insta Eight The Insta Eight

  1. My silver wing headband from ASOS
  2. Cool photo of a cool person
  3. Loving the pink curtains I whipped up last weekend! 
  4. Way up in the clouds
  5. I love Autumn in Australia, skies like this and cool crisp air.
  6. My friends little girl looking oh so cute in her grey swing jacket!
  7. My sister on her brand new horse (in the black)
  8. Me, dolled up.
Usually I don't write much for these posts, but today I feel like it. This has been a huge week with so many new things to get my head around. First off, I was lucky enough to be asked to join the management committee for a brand new youth centre here in my town. I am so excited about this; we had our first meeting last week and I can't wait for the next. I am pretty politically minded, so I feel like this will be a great outlet for me. Also last week was a seminar about gaining employment as a teacher. It was two and a half hours of so much information, I don't think it has all sunk in yet. The gist of it however, was that once I finish my last prac (June 22nd!) I am able to get interim approval to teach in schools as a casual. I can't tell you how excited I am about all this; prac, getting back in the classroom, having an income. I may squeal with delight. 

On another note, do you remember when my sister was bucked off her horse? Turns out he was just plain naughty. She has had so many problems with him raring at her and striking out. So she has a new horse how, one that is all dopey and docile and well behaved. The old one, Ali, was meant to go back to his farm today but flat out refused to get in the float. Three hours later they gave up, so for now she has two horses. The new one is soooo pretty, I can't wait to get proper photos to show you. 

I have been thinking about what I will do next year after uni. I take a long time to decide things, especially those big life decisions, so I mull things over for a while. I think the expected thing would be to hope for a permanent teaching job and do casual work until I do, but here's the thing; I don't think I am ready to settle down somewhere with a permanent job for any time, even if it is only a few years. I want to travel more than anything, and I suspect that once I get locked into permanent here in Australia it is hard to change that. I haven't been to Europe or the US and I am dying to; I don't want to wait another 5 years before I get to see the world. So, after much thought, I have pretty much decided that after Christmas this year, I will be moving to England and hopefully undertaking casual or temporary teaching work. It feels like the right thing for now, and I am so excited about the possibilities! Of course I have a lot to get through between now and then, passing uni included, but I am ready for an adventure. Have you ever felt like suddenly the horizons clear and the options are endless? That's me right now. It is an amazing feeling.

I'd love to hear from you if you live in England; tips on moving there or even better, getting teaching work there, would be amazing!

xx Samantha Alice


twitter Facebook bloglovin Image Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Comments make me happy so don't be shy. And since I try to reply to all my comments, remember to click 'subscribe by email' to get updates on my replies!

twitter Facebook bloglovin Image Map

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...