HomeAboutFashionLifeTutorialsReviewsContact

Monday, June 18, 2012

Tasty. Clean Eating Raspberry Nut Muffins.

This recipe is a variation on one from The Gracious Pantry, such a great food blog, so do go check it out! The original recipe had lemon zest in it, but stupid me forgot to add it! The lemon does make them extra amazing so if you give them a go, don't get all dopey like me ok?
Also, I made an enormous triple batch because these babies tend to disappear quick and I wanted some to freeze. So please ignore the quantities seen in the photos!

You Will Need:

  • 2 cups self raising whole wheat flour
  • 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
  • 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1tsp baking soda
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 3/4 cup water (or milk if you like)
  • 4 tbsp lemon zest
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce/puree
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil (this is optional, but like I've said before this oil is soooo good for you!)
  • 1/2 cup raspberries 

Putting it all together:

  • Pre-heat oven to 180 Celsius 
  • Combine dry ingredients in one bowl; feel free to sift the flour.
  • Combine all wet ingredients.
  • Add wet to dry and mix well.
  • Gently stir in raspberries
  • Spoon mixture into muffin pan or individual patty pans
  • Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until browned and cooked in the centre

I've also used this same recipe to make a loaf and it turned out just as yummy. I love these because they are low in sugar, low in fat and high in goodness.

Got any yum recipes or healthy eating blogs I need to check out?

xx Samantha Alice


twitter Facebook bloglovin Image Map

4 comments:

Love it? Comments make me happy so don't be shy. And since I try to reply to all my comments, remember to click 'subscribe by email' to get updates on my replies!

twitter Facebook bloglovin Image Map

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...