HomeAboutFashionLifeTutorialsReviewsContact

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Handmade Holiday.



So. I have made a pact with myself and the universe. This Christmas I will not buy presents or decorations. I will make them instead. Sounds easy right? WRONG. 


The rules I am self imposing include only spending money on materials for the handmade gifts and even then my budget is very limited. I am doing this for a few reasons. First, I needed something to occupy myself with whilst I am waiting for a research project to be approved, secondly it will be fun to blog about, third I am poor and last but not least I am astounded at the amount of money that is spent on plastic crap each Christmas and I am not really into supporting THAT. 

I won't get all preachy because that would be lousy of me but I really recommend having a sticky beak at The Story of Stuff. Well worth the ten minutes of your time to learn about where our stuff comes from. 

It is the general consensus here that once the first of December rolls around it is ok to start decorating trees and houses in the usual holiday fanfare. I decided to decorate my digital world  with this not so usual video card to wish you all a Merry Christmas. 







I will be posting regularly from next week with my gift and decoration ideas so keep a look out.

Adieu x

Just so you can find all the posts from the series, here they are in order:



Facebook. Twitter. Tumblr.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Comments make me happy so don't be shy. And since I try to reply to all my comments, remember to click 'subscribe by email' to get updates on my replies!

twitter Facebook bloglovin Image Map

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...